Monday, July 11, 2005

Wounded

The Summer of Steph has taken a turn for the worse.

Yesterday was a shyte day in so many ways.
I was feeling a little low... not so good about myself.
I went to my ball game, and my coach schedules me to play a half game.
This makes me feel even worse about myself.
She had said "everyone will play a half game" (because we have too many players) but then has proceeded to sit me out for over 5 half games. She hasn't sat out the star players, but me, well... i'm not that good anyway - I am a new player who makes a lot of errors. Clearly I am the logical choice to sit out more than others, yes?
No.
This is a rec league - we are supposed to be having fun.
Honestly, I would rather lose a game and feel good about myself, than win and feel incompetent.
It is no wonder when I came in half way, that my game was off.
I made more errors, and fumbled to get a ball and make a play, which I didn't, and then I realized I had mangled my leg. About half of my calf is oozing and attempting to scab. It is gross, and I can barely walk.
If I could, I think I would quit the team.
I am not a quitter, or am I?

So, my morale is down.
I can't go to the pool.
I can't do my walks.
I can't play tennis.

damn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home