Friday, June 10, 2005

JUMP!

Lastnight, I tossed and turned. I yawned repeatedly.
Yes, I was tired. Yes, it was close to midnight, well past my bedtime.
Yet, while my body craved sleep, my mind raced like a sports car in the Indy.
I am not stressed out by any means... it isn't that I am worrying. Just that I am thinking alot. Additionally, I became hyper aware of noises around me. People on a balcony sharing drinks and tales, a rubby in the alley pushing his cart full of recyclables, the cats in the apartment dashing down the hall only to race back to their post, Michelle sleeping beside me...
I guess I finally managed to shutdown and sleep, only to be woken at 2:30am by a familiar tone... the synthetic cell-sounds of the song 'Jump' by Van Halen.
I chose that particular ringtone for when I receive a message on my cell.
Who the hell leaves me a message at 2:30 in the morning?

Turns out it was FIDO. Seems I have only used 78 of my 100 monthly daytime minutes.
Keep Talking! they wrote. Sure, they'd like that. F*ckers. I think I will call them today requesting no more 'messages'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home