Friday, June 24, 2005

Ghetto

Who said you can't roast marshmellows in the city?

One of the reasons I was keen to move to this apartment is the balcony.
Although it isn't terribly spacious, it gets the job done.
We moved from an apartment sans balcony, and I vowed that when I did have a balcony, that I would be out there everyday having my coffee. I haven't really done that yet... but let's blame all the rain we have been having for that.
We did purchase a balcony size BBQ (no, not a Hibachi) - it is called the 'Porta-Chef'. It has ample grilling space, and a warming rack. We have only had it for a few months, and thanks to the many BBQ'd meals we have enjoyed, we have already blown through a 20Lb tank of gas.

Earlier this week we found a new use for the Porta-Chef. While one friend has called this 'ghetto', I like to think we are crafty.
We removed the grill, lit her up, and ripped into a bag of soft, spongy, synthetically good marshmellows. I had crafted two roasting sticks from coat hangers, taking time to create a comfortable handle out of tape.

We roasted under the stars, usually doing the:
1)burn and char
2)remove charred layer
3)eat carcinogenic charred layer
4)repeat steps 1 to 4

We mixed in a little 'smores' action for good measure.
Nothing like having a marshmellow roast in the city.
yum yum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home