Monday, December 04, 2006

The First Ever Annual Kenny Lemmon Christmas Wine & Cheese Party

This weekend we hosted our first party in this apartment.

We went way out - spent a lot of money getting organized - everything from buying wine glasses, some new serving dishes, decorations, booze, wine, cheeses from around the world, ingredients to bake...

We wrapped the door with a big gift tag with our apartment #. Put up the lights, and various christmas knick-knacks. We had around 20 ppl in our apartment, which is no small feat, given the size of the apartment. Our last guests left at 3:30, and we have been assured the party was a tremendous success.
Good thing, we are so exhausted by it all, I doubt we will do another party for a year. I learned that skipping lunch and dinner because you are too busy setting up for the party is a bad idea, especially when followed by 4 glasses of wine.

I suffered for much of Sunday, but felt great today. I even did my best to stay in control on the Elliptical machine in the Fitness Room - an act which takes a lot of work - I am not so coordinated on that machine.

Tonight I am grooving to a combo of christmas music (i.e. Barenaked ladies - God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen), some cheesy 80s christmas music (Wham - Last Christmas) to 70s (Boney M - Brown Girl in the Ring) to cheesy pop (Jessica Simpson - Public Affair) to a little bit o' my fave tunes right now (Imogen Heap). What the hell is this song (Brown girl in the ring) really about anyway???
She looks like a sugar in a plum???
truly odd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home