Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Decaf Non-Fat Caramel Macchiato...

mmmm.

Generally speaking, I don't really like Starbucks coffee.
I find it to be the crap coffee of the coffee world, but because it is so mainstream, people flock to it. Usually, if given the opportunity, I will endulge myself with a coffee from a place called Melriches, located nearby on Davie St.
They make *the* finest Americano I know - strong coffee flavour - with depth to it - and without any bitterness.
Melriches was a common hang out for me in the summer, when I would roll myself out of bed, throw on some clothes and a hat, and trudge up Davie with a book in hand.
It is a relaxed, laid-back coffee shop in the heart of Vancouver's West End. It feels cozy inside, but they have lots of seating, some booths, and local art on the walls. I like to go with a good book, grab an Americano, and nestle into a booth where I can take turns reading and people watching. The Americano gets served with the hot water on the side, so you can add as much or as little as you want... and you can check for yourself to make sure they have poured an espresso shot with good crema.

Now having ranted about the delicious taste sensation that is the Melriches Americano, I bring myself to the reason of my post.
The Starbucks Caramel Macchiato.
That is a weakness for me, if I have to get Starbucks that is. Tonight I have purchased such a drink, and am happily licking off the caramel-topped foam.
I am supposed to be focusing on doing my latest Dewey assignment.
But that is another post waiting to happen... the one where I tell you the exciting life of cataloging and working in a library...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see the bloggin' has started up again... hair tamed, books under way, sounds like the start of a great winter.... (we'll talk later about the coffee... Rich)

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home